Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
amy19890619

china.gif
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:30 pm  Post subject:  How to convert Canon HF M400 MTS to ProRes for FCP 7 editing Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Yesterday, I received an e-mail, a friend said "I use a Canon HF M400 camcorder. I'm thinking about purchasing a (still available) copy of Final Cut Studio 3, and am wondering if ingesting the footage directly into FCP7 using ProRes will be a problem. Up until now, I have used FCE4, with its AIC, and haven't had any problems whatsoever.Is this do-able, or will I need to transcode/convert these types of footage prior to logging and transferring into ProRes FCP7?"

This article will share my experience with all of you about how to edit Canon Vixia M400 1080/60i MTS files in FCP with the best quality. Not so difficult, just need to find a third paty program.Today I recommend here is Brorsoft AVCHD converter that is one of the best and professional converter . It can transcode files with minimum loss.As we all know, the Canon Vixia HF M400 is a high definition camcorder that records 1920 x 1080 video in the AVCHD format. It is a member of Canon's M-series of Vixia camcorders that blend high-end functionality with fewer bells and whistles than the S-series but at lower price points.

Most of Canon Vixia HF series camcorders record videos in AVCHD files. If you want to further edit these AVCHD files in FCP on mac, you may can not directly edit these MTS videos. What should we do about this? Well, the best solution is to find a Canon Vixia HF M400 converter for mac to transfer the videos to FCP supported video format.

Guide: How to convert Canon Vixia HF M400 MTS files to FCP

Step 1: Find a best Canon Vixia HF M400 MTS converter for mac to install, then imput the recordings to the program.
Tips: You can imput a number of files to the programs, and if necessary, you can use the function "Merge into one"

Step 2: Choose the best compatible output format--Apple ProRes for FCP.

Step 3: Adjust audio and video parameters in Profile Settings. You can change the default codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel according to your needs and optimize the output file quality.

Step 4: Click the arrow button on the main interface to start Canon Vixia HF M400 1080i converter for mac for editing in FCP.

After 100% accomplishment, you just need to click the "Open" button on the main interface to find your converted file. That is to say you can edit your Canon Vixia HF M400 recordings in FCP easily and effortlessly.

Tips: 1.If the supposed size of the input files is 1GB, then the memory space should be up to 40GB.
2. Auto shutdown: Click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion” before conversion starts.
3. 3D conversion. The Red-Blue/Red-Green 3D conversions are supported.
4. Crop: Edit --> Crop and you can get the imported videos cropped as you want.
5. Deinterlace 1080i files: Click Edit and select "deinterlacing" in the Effect.

Related guides:
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac
Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac
Import AVCHD video from Canon Vixia HF S10 to iMovie'11
Get Canon Vixia HF S10/HF S100 AVCHD to work with FCE 4
Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

To celebrate the Thanksgiving Day, Brorsoft has carried out a new but eternal policy that as long as you have bought any licence of our MTS/MXF Converter (Wins&Mac), you can upgrade your pervious software to corresponding video converter (Wins&Mac) with only $6. For example, if you have bought MTS converter before, then just pay 6$, you can ungrade it to a all-in-one video converter. It means that the top Video Converter only cost you $6. Have you got one MTS/MXF Converter? If so, my dear friends, are you still hesitating?

If you have any problem, pls contact with [email=support@brorsoft.com]support@brorsoft.com[/email] to get more information. You also can leave a message on Brorsoft Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.

Learn more: 2012 Brorsoft Thanksgiving Crazy Discount(valid from Nov. 16, 2012 to Dec.7, 2012)

Gemini Gender:Female Snake OfflinePersonal Gallery of amy19890619View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic