Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
queens511

angola.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:28 pm  Post subject:  How to Upload PDF Files to Your Website Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Train asked, How do I upload and host a PDF file to my website?
This is dumb but I'm really confused how to allow direct access to a PDF file from my website? I know how to get it hosted by an alternate source (ie Scribd) but I would prefer if it I could add a link that takes you directly to the file itself. For example, I'd like my files to look something like this:http://www.dmv.ny.gov/broch/MV21.pdf

Perhaps maybe you also have a company policy manual, a flyer or other important PDF documents that you'd like to share without retyping it for the web.

So sometimes we want to upload the pdf files to website directly.

Only need a accessible place on your computer, such as a file transfer protocol, FTP program, to save the PDF files, and in a few steps you can upload them to your website.

Instructions
1.login to your FTP
Access your web host's control panel and go to the FTP section. Or, if you have an FTP Program on your computer, such as SmartFTP or FileZilla, start the program and enter the information for your website. You'll need to enter the domain name and the FTP user name and password. Your host can help you find this information if you don't know where to locate it.
2. Select your PDF Files
Find the PDF files on your computer. Once logged into the FTP panel of your choice, you should be looking at a split screen. One side of the screen shows the files on your computer, while the other side shows the files that are currently a part of your website. Find the PDF files you want to upload and highlight them. To select multiple files, hold down the "CTRL" button.
3.upload pdf files to website
Transfer the files to your website. Click the transfer button and the files you highlighted will be uploaded to your website. You may want to select a directory--or create a new one--to place the files in. If this is the case, double-click on the directory's folder before hitting the transfer button.
4.Test the upload
Open your web browser and type in the location of the PDF files to make sure you uploaded them properly. For example, if you transferred the files to your home directory you would type "www.yourwebsite.com/nameoffile.pdf. If you placed the file in a new directory, you would type something like "www.yourwebsite.com/nameofnewdirectory/nameoffile.pdf".

If you create a new directory, secure it by placing a blank index file in it. If you don't, anyone can access all of your PDF files by just typing in the URL of the directory--for example, "www.yourwebsite.com/nameofdirectory".

In other ways, also we could use best pdf to flip book maker software to create a swf files or html document to add into your website. So that everyone could read the pdf files better. More info you can refer how to create a pdf slideshow for website.

And if your pdf files are protected with pdf password, so we need a pdf password remover tools to remove pdf password mac or windows at first.

Taurus Gender:Male Buffalo OfflinePersonal Gallery of queens511View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
dexter

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:26 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Features:
Earn 50,000 Discount Coupons philosophy Coupon Codes bonus Avios Points after your first use of he card
Plus, earn an additional 25,000 bonus Avios Points after you make $10,000 in purchases within the first Online Coupons year of account opening.
Two facts:
Delta miles do not expire.
All the Delta miles will be rolled into your Delta SkyMiles? account, separate from any of the above accounts.
Coupon Codes

OfflinePersonal Gallery of dexterView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
ivy00135
Currently banned

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:12 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

鴨肉珍
大溝頂阿囉哈滷味
阿英排骨飯
高雄北港蔡米糕
郭家肉粽
高雄酒店經紀
吳寶春麵包店
老莊豆漿店
逐鹿炭火燒肉打狗店
大牛牛肉麵
福記臭豆腐專賣店
東坡鮮肉飯
成男生碗稞肉粽
鳳邑麵線
鳳山鹹米苔目店
鳳山老店水煎包
倆伯羊肉
生源小籠包
志明花生糖專賣店
李家肉圓
高雄酒店經紀
南台春捲浮水魚羹
旗津萬三小吃部
旗津萬二小吃部
北平楊寶寶蒸餃
慶翔美食部二仙雞
橋仔頭黃家肉燥飯
舊市羊肉店
古早味燒餅
丹丹漢堡
赤竹饅頭
牛老二牛肉麵
香港發財燒臘店
尖沙咀茶餐廳
珍竹林日本拉麵
萬國牛排
忽必烈蒙古烤肉
櫥窗滷味
彭氏臭豆腐
酥炸大魷魚
劉木瓜牛奶大王
月亮蝦餅
池王臭臭鍋
廟口翰鹽水雞

OfflinePersonal Gallery of ivy00135View user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic