Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
jacknjchn

china.gif
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:01 am  Post subject:  Canon C500 MXF to Final Cut Pro 6/7 ProRes 422 conversion Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Last year, Canon launched the EOS C300. Now, the company has announced a new camera, the C500, which has been designed to target motion picture and high-resolution digital production industries, supporting 4K RAW output and will be available with Canon's EF and PL mounts.Based upon the same platform as its predecessor, the C500 will have the added support of raw video capture and 4:4:4 sampling during the 12-bit RGB (2,048 x 1,080 pixels)2K capture.The EOS C500 uses the industry-standard Material Exchange Format (MXF) for its internal recording file structure. It is a not good editable format for Final Cut Pro 6/7 and FCP X, or some other editing programs like iMovie, FCE, etc on Mac as it it really complex to handle.
Currently the editing program I use is Final Cut Pro 7, and my brother is using the Fianl Cut Pro 6 for editing, we are planning to buy Canon C500 this year, but FCP only can surpport Apple ProRes well .So how to make Canon MXF video clips editable on FCP? One of my best friends Jack who uses the C300 now told me that I just need to find a professional MXF Converter then all problems can be sloved. He recommended me to try Brorsoft MXF Converter for Mac, the software has proven to be fast, easy to use, and has never failed him even once. So I successfully purchased the software in his help. It is doing exactly what I need it to and better still it is very easy to use.

By googling, I also find a good post about how to convert Canon C500 MXF files to ProRes 422 for FCP 6/7 on Mac , I'd like to share it with you in the following pages , wish it will do great helps for you! Enjoy!

Guide: Convert Canon C500 MXF footages to FCP 6/7 on Mac OS X

Step 1: Connect your C500 to Mac with USB 2.0 cable or use card reader to transfer the .mxf files to Apple hard drive disk. Launch the C500 MXF to FCP Converter Mac to import your MXF files.

Step 2: Click format column, you can choose the export format from Final Cut Pro profile list like Apple PreRes 422 (*mov), Apple PreRes 422(HQ)(*mov), Apple ProRes 422(LT)(*mov) that are all compatible for Final Cut Pro.

Step 3: Press the “Settings” icon, you can adjust codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel to optimize the output file quality. You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps(or 25fps for PAL), video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing in FCP 6/7.

Step 4: Hit the convert button to start converting Canon C500 MXF to ProRes 422 for FCP 6/7 on Mac OS X.

When the conversion ends, tap the Open button to get the output ProRes .mov video. Now you can easily put the converted and deinterlaced Canon C500 MXF 1080i files to FCP 6/7 for editing without any trouble. You can also apply Mac MXF Converter to convert MXF video to FCE, iMovie, FCP X, Avid Media Composer, etc.

Related guides:
Convert Canon C300 1080i MXF files to AIC for iMovie
Deinterlace and Convert Canon C300 1080i MXF files to ProRes for FCP 7
Convert Canon C300 1080i MXF to AIC for editing with FCE
Canon XF100 and Final Cut X Importing Tips: MXF to ProRes 422(HQ)(*.mov) Converter

Capricorn  Cat OfflinePersonal Gallery of jacknjchnView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
wts30286

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 am  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

星座運勢2013
星座配對2013
牡羊座2013年星座運勢
金牛座2013年星座運勢
雙子座2013年星座運勢
巨蟹座2013年星座運勢
獅子座2013年星座運勢
處女座2013年星座運勢
天秤座2013年星座運勢
天蠍座2013年星座運勢
射手座2013年星座運勢
魔羯座2013年星座運勢
水瓶座2013年星座運勢
雙魚座2013年星座運勢
酒店小姐
醫美中心診所
割雙眼皮
高雄酒店經紀
保濕
高雄醫美
台北醫美
台中醫美
美白
高雄微整形
抽脂
隆鼻
高雄酒店經紀
飯局小姐
星座配對
高雄酒店經紀
威尼斯酒店
高雄酒店經紀
酒店上班
高雄酒店
高雄酒店
高雄酒店
酒店經紀
酒店經紀
酒店小姐
高雄便服店
酒店工作
鋼琴酒吧
高雄酒店
高雄便服店

OfflinePersonal Gallery of wts30286View user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic