Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
kasselbiddy

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 pm  Post subject:  How to Use Hotkeys in Flash Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

I've never been really fond of using hot keys in any application. Flash wasn't an exception - the only hot key that I actually used was the combination of CTR + Z and CTR + Y (Undo and redo). However, as time went by, I gradually realized that using hotkeys is in fact a huge time saver. Flash (swf to mov converter mac) gives you the opportunity to take the whole advantage of the hot keys by letting you create your own set of them. Before I show you how to do that, I'd like to single out those hot keys which I find exceptionally useful: Convert SWF to PNG.

F9 - open ActionScript window
F8 - convert to Symbol
F6 - insert Keyframe
F5 - insert Frame

Ctrl + Shift + V - Paste in Place
Ctrl + D - duplicate
Ctrl + Down - Sent to back
Ctrl + Up - Bring to forward
. - Step Forward One Frame
, - Step Back One Frame

Some of them are not specified in the Macromedia Standard Set:
Convert Lines to Fills
Soften Fill Edges
Flip Horizontally/ Vertically

How to make your own set:
1. Find Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Create a new set of keyboard shortcuts by choosing the first icon in the row - "Duplicate".

3. After you've duplicated one of the sets, you can start modifing it. That can be done by choosing the appropriate category (e.g. Edit, View) and then pressing the key combination you want to use in order to trigger a given.

Why not start with setting up a hot key for Flip Horizontally? Mine is Ctrl+ Alt + Up.

You can then change the rest of hotkeys you use frequently. Once you're done, I guarantee you're not going to regret the time invested.

Aquarius Gender:Female Pig OfflinePersonal Gallery of kasselbiddyView user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic