Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
lydia622520

usa.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 pm  Post subject:  Transcode Sony NX70U AVCHD to ProRes for editing in FCP Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Sony continues to shift the bar with the introduction of its rain- and dust-proof HXR-NX70U NXCAM Compact Camcorder. This rugged little trouper is the perfect companion for those tough location shoots where weather and climate cause lesser cameras to buckle and fold. Last week I got the NX70U. I was attracted by its two highlights: the rain- and dust-proof performance and its capability of shooting in full high-definition quality (1920 x 1080) with a choice of 60p, 60i and 24p frame rates. I like shotting AVCHD videos with it, because its Full HD 60/24p Recording & 12.3MP still images always give me what I see and want to record and never makes me miss any moment.

It is a pity taht, Final Cur Pro can't surpport 1080 60p AVCHD well. So I often met troubles when I tried to import 60p .mts/.m2ts recordings from Sony NX70U into FCP for editing. But now I have solved the issue. I went to Google and found a professional AVCHD Converter to trasncode AVCHD to compatible format for FCP on Mac OS X. Here recommended the best AVCHD to FCP Converter. I like it for the main two reason: 1) the MTS Converter for Mac provide five ProRes codecs, including Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. I can choose from them as I needs. 2) the converted files imported into FCP look great, just the same as my 1080/60p previewed on HXR-NX70U. I share the easy four-step AVCHD to ProRes 422 conversion as follows.

Steps: Convert Sony HXR-NX70U 1080p AVCHD Footages for importing to Final Cut Pro

1) Donwload the free trial version of MTS Converter for Mac and import the 1080/60p AVCHD footages from the HXR-NX 70U to it;

2) Hit the Format box and get the drop-down list. Select Final Cut Pro --> Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) as output format if you are intended for the high-quality converted files.

Tip: the difference between the ProRes codecs:

a. ProRes 422 (HQ): offers the utmost possible quality for 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sources and provides target data rate of approximately 220 Mbps and higher quality than Apple ProRes 422;
b. ProRes 422: provides target data rate of approximately 145 Mbps and higher quality than Apple ProRes 422 (LT);
c. ProRes 422 (LT): provides roughly 70 percent of the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 (thus, smaller file sizes than Apple ProRes 422) and higher quality than ProRes 422 (Proxy);
d. ProRes 422 (Proxy): provides roughly 30 percent of the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 and high-quality offline editing at the original frame size, frame rate, and aspect ratio;
e. ProRes 4444: offers the utmost possible quality for 4:4:4 sources and roughly 50 percent higher than the data rate of Apple ProRes 422 (HQ).

3) Click the Settings button on the main interface to adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc.

Tip: If you want to get a relatively smaller converted file, except that choose ProRes 422 (LT) as output format, you can decrease video size from 1920*1080 to 1440*1080 or 1280*720.

4) Start to converting Sony NX70U 1080/60p AVCHD for FCP by clicking the arrow button.

After the AVCHD to ProRes 422 conversion is 100% completed, please run your Final Cut Pro, click File --> Import --> Files and select the converted recordings to transfer them to FCP. Then you can edit your files shot by Sony HXR-NX70U without any problem. In addition, the versatile AVCHD Converter on Mac OS X, compantiblem with the latest Moutain Lion, can not only work for FCP editor. It can also make the 1080/60p files editable in iMovie, FCE, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Premiere Elements, Avid Media Composer, etc.

Related Guide:

Convert/Transcode Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to AIC for FCE 4

Make Sony HXR-NX5U AVCHD footages compatible with FCP 7 on Mac OS X

Import 1080 60p/50p AVCHD Footages to Final Cut Pro

Edit Sony HDR-XR550/XR550V AVCHD Footages in Final Cut Pro on Mac

How to Ingest Sony Alpha NEX-F3 1080p MTS to Final Cut Pro 7 on Mac

Cancer Gender:Female Cat OfflinePersonal Gallery of lydia622520View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
dexter

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Amazon Memorial Day Sale: Online Coupons Up to 60% OFF Shoes

and Accessories, Up to 75% OFF Clothing Coupon Codes
Jockey Life Boxer Brief - 3 Pack $8.99
$8.99 was $22.99 60% OFFStore:eBayExpires:Soon
Free Shipping Discount Coupons
eBay has Jockey Life Boxer Brief - 3 Pack for $8.99 with free shipping.
Levis is offering Flash Sale: 30% OFF Sitewide + Free Shipping on Orders $75 after applying

coupon code FLASH5. Valid 12 - 5 PM ET on 3/26.
Promotional Codes

OfflinePersonal Gallery of dexterView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
ivy00135
Currently banned

blank.gif
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:21 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

牛小弟牛排
櫥窗滷味
天才老媽雙蛋蚵仔煎
爆米花
法式可樂餅
鹽水意麵
高雄酒店經紀
豬心冬粉
林家水餃
阿賢料理
光華木瓜牛奶大王
輝哥鱔魚意麵
酒店經濟
亞培湯包蒸餃
阿六鱔魚麵
孬味香菇肉羹
萬里羊肉店
屏東豬腳
劉易記牛肉刀削麵
酒店小姐
高雄酒店經紀
星座運勢2012
星座配對2012
牡羊座2012年星座運勢
金牛座2012年星座運勢
雙子座2012年星座運勢
巨蟹座2012年星座運勢
獅子座2012年星座運勢
處女座2012年星座運勢
天秤座2012年星座運勢
天蠍座2012年星座運勢
射手座2012年星座運勢
魔羯座2012年星座運勢
水瓶座2012年星座運勢
雙魚座2012年星座運勢

OfflinePersonal Gallery of ivy00135View user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic