Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
linghrensheng

blank.gif
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:30 pm  Post subject:  historian of musicians and Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Sandecker stared at Vogel, examining every Jordan Heels feature of the old man's face as if he were seeing it for the first time.
" `Autumn,"' Vogel was murmuring, almost rambling to himself. " `Autumn,' an old hymn. That was the last melody Graham Farley played on his cornet."
"Not `Nearer My God to Thee'?'' Gunn spoke slowly.
"A myth," said Pitt. " `Autumn' Ugg boots clearance was the final tune that was heard from the Titanic's band just before the end."
"You seem to have made a study of the Titanic," Vogel said.
"The ship and her tragic fate is like a contagious disease," Pitt replied. "Once you become interested, the fever is tough to break."
"The ship itself holds little attraction for Chanel Bags me. But as a historian of musicians and their instruments, the saga of the Titanic's band has always gripped my imagination." Vogel set the cornet in the case, closed the lid, and passed it across the desk to Sandecker. "Unless you have more questions, Admiral, I'd like to grab a fattening breakfast and fall into bed. It was a difficult night."
Sandecker stood. UGG Boots Clearance "We're in your debt, Mr. Vogel."
"I was hoping you might say that," the Santa Claus eyes twinkled slyly. "There is a way you can repay me."
"Which is?"
"Donate the cornet to the Washington Museum. It would be the prize exhibit of our Hall of Music."
"As soon as our lab people have Cheap Louis Vuitton Bags studied the instrument and your report, I'll send it over to you."
"On behalf of the museum's directors, I thank you."
"Not as a gift donation, however."
Vogel stared uncertainly at the Admiral.
"I don't follow."
Sandecker smiled. "Let's call it a permanent loan. That will save hassle in case we jordan heels ever have to borrow it back temporarily."
"Agreed."
"One more thing," Sandecker said. "Nothing has been mentioned to the press about the discovery. I'd appreciate it if you went along with us for the time being."
"I don't understand your motives, but of course I'll comply."

OfflinePersonal Gallery of linghrenshengView user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic