Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
troange

blank.gif
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:06 pm  Post subject:  Lexi Thompson, 16, wins second event as a professional Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Lexi Thompson, 16, wins second event as a professional

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) - American teenager Lexi Thompson has made history as the youngest winner on both the LPGA and Ladies European Tours.

The 16-year-old Thompson shot a 5-under 67 Saturday to win the Dubai Ladies Masters,Callaway FT i-Brid Irons
becoming the youngest professional winner on that side of the Atlantic.

Thompson pulled away from Lee-Anne Pace of South Africa to win by four strokes for her second professional victory. TaylorMade R7 CGB MAX Irons
In September, she became the youngest winner of an LPGA tournament at the Navistar LPGA Classic in Alabama.

``It feels amazing,'' Thompson said. ``I'm just honored they invited me back and I'm just grateful to be here. I've been working on my game really hard and it has paid off.''

Thompson chipped in for a birdie on No. 9 to take a one-shot lead over Pace and extended her lead with four birdies on the back nine for a 15-under 273 total.

Pace (69) started strong with two birdies and an eagle on her first six holes, Mizuno MX 1000 Irons
but shaky putting on the back nine ended her chances.

The 2010 European Tour money winner,Callaway RAZR X Irons
Pace hit her approach shot on No. 12 over the green for her second bogey in five holes.

``Things could have been a little different,'' Pace said. ``I hit a bad club on 12, which cost me a shot, and that is where things changed around.''

Sophie Gustafson of Sweden (71)TaylorMade R7 CGB max driver
was a shot behind Pace in third place followed by four players another shot back.

Michelle Wie (72) came into the final round five shots behind leader Thompson. She fell out of contention with two bogeys and a double-bogey on the front nine, finishing tied for 12th.

Taurus  Cock OfflinePersonal Gallery of troangeView user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic