Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
amaimu

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 am  Post subject:  David Millar says BOA is putting politics before sport in Wa Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

David Millar, the British cyclist currently banned for life from the Olympics after serving a two-year drug ban, has accused the British Olympic Association of putting politics ahead of sport in its dispute with the World Anti-Doping Agency.

"I think it's more of a political argument at the moment and the nfl jerseys cheap stances have become very political rather than looking at the big picture of the long-term future of sport and anti-doping," said Millar, who recently helped Mark Cavendish to the world road race title as captain of the British team.

Along with the sprinter Dwain Chambers and the shot putter Carl Myerscough, the Scot is awaiting the outcome of a legal tussle over whether the BOA's lifetime ban will stand after the court of arbitration for sport struck out a separate International Olympic Committee rule banning those suspended for more than six months from the Games that followed.

Wada ruled that the BOA did not comply with its code after seeking legal opinion on whether the IOC case, brought by the United States Olympic Committee and LaShawn Merritt, the 400 metres Olympic champion, left the BOA rule invalid.

Millar said he was content to observe the increasingly bitter spat between Wada and the BOA from a distance, but indicated he would like to compete in London if the BOA was forced to drop its lifetime ban, introduced in 1992.

"I wrote off the Olympics a long time ago, so for me, if the powers that be insist on changes then I'll see what happens but I'm not fighting this fight," he said.

"I'm not going to get involved myself because it would put a burden on ugg boots outlet David Brailsford and all the other guys at British Cycling and I've got too much respect for them."

But he said that if the rule was amended following a Cas appeal by the BOA against Wada's decision to rule it noncompliant and he was selected, then he would consider competing if it helped Cavendish win gold.

"Obviously it would be a wonderful opportunity and I would be very proud to be on the British team, and especially the British cycling team," said Millar, who was speaking at the Asics UKSem sports science and medicine conference. "If I went it would be more for Mark. It would be for the British cycling team. There is not much I would gain personally from going to the Olympics but I would gain a lot from the experience of helping Mark do well."

Millar, who was banned for two years in 2004 for admitting to injecting EPO after syringes were found by police in his apartment, said those who viewed the anti-doping debate in "black and white" terms would look as though they were operating in the "dark ages" within a decade.

"The way the system operates now is going to look so backward in a few years," he said, advocating doubling the standard ban for doping to four years but offering a two-year reduction for those who co-operated in full.

"That would allow us to discover what the entourage is doing and how they doped so we can prevent it in the future. At the moment, the problem is that it's [an] endgame situation. You are going to deny it, and by the time you are found guilty, the entourage has already dispersed," he said.

Millar, who has become a vocal advocate for drug-free sport and will be Vancouver Canucks Jerseys present at the Games as a Wada ambassador if he is not competing, said that the BOA should accept the principle of a global universal code for all competitions.

"I think it's massively important and what we should be looking at is the bigger picture. If the BOA is allowed to get away with one rule, why can't countries get away with other rules as well. Why can't they sanction less?" he said.

"That is what the argument is here, and that is what Wada is fighting for. They need a universalisation of the code and a respect for it before they can carry on developing it."

OfflinePersonal Gallery of amaimuView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
tracyjq

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:28 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

3herosoft iPod to Computer Transfer is easy to use iPod transfer, iPod copy, and iPod to computer software. You can not only easily transfer music, video, photo, ePub, pdf, Audiobook, Voice Memos, Camera Roll (iOS 4 above), Podcast and TV Show from computer to iPod without iTunes, but also smoothly backup them to computer.
iPhone to Computer Transfer is a smart tool for synchronizing your iPhone to your computer. It's the ideal iPhone manager to backup music and video to your computer, match your iPhone contents to iTunes and seamlessly copy files from computer to your iPhone. Read and export photos and videos shot by the device as well.For purchased songs and downloaded books/iTunes U/podcasts, it can also transfer them into local computer, sync to iTunes library. Even you can add music/videos into iPhone library.

More useful software: ipad to computer transfer |iphone sms to computer transfer | iphone contact to computer |ipod mate for mac |ipod mate | iphone photo transfer |ipad mate |dvd to ipod converter |iphone mate|ipod movie converter |dvd cloner| dvd creator | avi mpeg converter |Audio Maker|ipod to computer for mac | ipad mate for mac|DVD to iPod Converter for Mac |dvd to ipad converter |iPod Video Converter for Mac| iPhone Video Converter for Mac |AVI to DVD for Mac |dvd creator for mac |dvd cloner for mac

Pisces Gender:Female Horse OfflinePersonal Gallery of tracyjqView user's profileSend private message
wts30286

blank.gif
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:36 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

酒店
寒假打工
暑期工讀
飯局小姐
高雄酒店一覽
台北酒店一覽
便服酒店
高雄酒店經紀
高雄酒店經紀
13星座蛇夫座
高雄酒店經紀
應徵酒店
高雄酒店
高雄酒店
台湾高雄夜总会
傳播妹
酒店經紀
高雄酒店經紀
酒店工作
高雄酒店
酒店工作
亞曼時尚會館
酒店經紀
酒店上班
酒店公關
高雄酒店
假日兼職
寒假打工
台北酒店
台湾高雄夜总会
少爺
酒店工作
酒店上班
台南酒店經紀
高雄酒店經紀
暑假打工
金磚酒店(宏城)
路易酒店
海派酒店
御成會館酒店
大聯盟酒店
富紳酒店
金碧輝煌酒店(金錢豹)

OfflinePersonal Gallery of wts30286View user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic