Portal

FAQ  •  Search  •  Preferences  •  Usergroups  •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View next topic
View previous topic

Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
tutubebe99

blank.gif
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:24 pm  Post subject:  Import/Convert Canon XF100 MXF movies to Apple ProRes for ed Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Import/Convert Canon XF100 MXF movies to Apple ProRes for editing on FCP X

I have a lovely new Canon XF100 and it generate MXF Files. However when i tried to import these HD MXF videos to FCP X for editing, the iSight runs when i click the camcorder button on FCP X. After searching and consulting,I noticed that there is Canon XF plugin for FCP7, but Canon XF plugin doesn't work for FCP X.

Thus I have to look for a workaround for importing Canon XF100 MXF videos to FCP X for editing on my Mac OS X Lion. I turned to Yahoo Answer and was recommended to try Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. Thanks to the excellent tool, i succeeded in converting Canon MXF files to ProRes 422 MOV and ProRes 422 (HQ) MOV which are compatible to Final Cut X. So that I can easily import into FCP X, export Process 422 at the same setting as the original and play it with Quicktime.

Below I would like to share my experience of converting Canon MXF files to ProRes 422 for Final Cut X editing and QuickTime playback.

First, Connect Canon XF100 with Mac and transfer/backup the MXF files to Apple hard drive disk with Canon XF Utility. You will get the folder with files like .CIF, .THM, .MXF and .SIF.

Second, Run Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac as the best HD MXF video converter to transcode Canon XF100 videos to ProRes 422 MOV. Then click the Add button to import .mxf files or drag and drop the files to the application UI.

Third, Set output format as Apple ProRes with 1920x1080 for MXF Final Cut.Just Follow Format > Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format .For HD 1080P video files,you can click the "Settings" button to choose 1920x1080 as video size. Then click "Browse" to freely specify where you want to store the videos.

Fourth, click the convert button under the preview window and conversion from Canon XF100 MXF to ProRes 422 MOV starts immediately .

After the Apple ProRes MOV is exported, you can easily enjoy your time editing HD ProRes videos on Final Cut Pro X and playing on Quicktime.

Tips:
If you are using iMovie, Final Cut Express, just choose Apple Intermedia Codec as output format for HD video editing.

Merge multiple videos
Check the option "Merge into one file" on the main interface to merge the several videos into one file, if you want to convert multiple MXF videos without any interruption.

Capricorn Gender:Male Dog OfflinePersonal Gallery of tutubebe99View user's profileSend private message
Jeancol

bulgaria.gif
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:24 am  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

Blu-ray to iMovie Converter-Convert Blu-ray movie to AIC for iMovie/FCE for editing

"Is there any way I can take a chapter from Blu-ray Disc and bring it into iMovie/Final Cut Express? My ultimate goal is to take some clips (without too much manipulation) and burn it onto my own personal DVD using iDVD…"

The answer is YES, and below is a complete solution. If you’d like to clip some frames or extract music from a favorite BD movie and feel like to make them into your own short film with iMovie/Final Cut Express, the following tools are essential:
1. Your Mac computer with iMovie or Final Cut Express
2. An external Blu-ray Disc Drive to read contents from BD
3. A Blu-ray ripper/converter app that exports video in iMovie/Final Cut Express formats, like Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac.

Let's see how to Convert and Import a Blu-ray clip to iMovie/FCE for editing.

1. Connect external BD drive with your Mac, and put in source Blu-ray Disc.
2. Get iMedia Converter for Mac, run the app and convert the Blu-ray movie to Apple Intermediate Codec, which is naturally supported by iMovie and Final Cut Express. Keep in mind that you need to keep Mac networked to get iMedia Converter work properly.
3. Load the converted .mov files (encoded with AIC) to iMovie/Final Cut Express for editing.

Find detailed steps for ripping/converting Blu-ray to Apple Intermediate Codec with iMedia Converter:

Step 1. Click "Load BD/DVD" and choose the BD drive to load Blu-ray movie directory.

Step 2. Unfold movie directory and uncheck all the other chapters you don’t want to keep. Just select the chapter(s) you need.

Step 3. Click on "Format" bar and choose "QuickTime Movie Format" > "Apple InterMediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov)".

Step 4. Click on "Convert" button to start converting Blu-Ray to AIC Codec.

How to trim/clip specific length?
Select the movie and click on "Edit" menu to enter Editor, where you clip out movie by setting the start and end points for each segment.

What if I want to keep sound track only?
Follow "Common Audio" and select an audio format for conversion in Step 3, e.g. AAC, MP3, AIFF, format.

Is it possible to change video resolution to 720p, frame rate to 29.97?

Yes. Simply click "Settings" and set video resolution, frame rate, bitrate to your liking. Both HD 1080p and SD 480p are available.

Leo Gender:Female Tiger OfflinePersonal Gallery of JeancolView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
wts30286

blank.gif
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 pm  Post subject:  (No subject) Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top

383酒店
依林酒店
金璁酒店
凱渥酒店
金湯池酒店(首席)
皇家翡翠酒店
君悅酒店
金將酒店
高盛酒店(鴻海)
心悅酒店(26會所)
巴黎情人酒店(格調、春天)
帝豪商務會館(鑽石帝國)
寶格麗酒店(后宮)
美麗佳人酒店(東方情人)
台北夜店
酒店
台北酒店經紀
出國工作
酒店上班
女服務生
業績幹部
公主
常董
飯局小姐
牡羊座
金牛座
雙子座
巨蟹座
獅子座
處女座
天秤座
天蠍座
射手座
暑期打工
高雄酒店經紀
魔羯座
暑期打工
台南酒店經紀
水瓶座
暑期打工
雙魚座
12星座
星座血型
13星座蛇夫座
星座配對

OfflinePersonal Gallery of wts30286View user's profileSend private message
Post new topicReply to topic View previous topicEmail to a Friend.List users that have viewed this topicSave this Topic as filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic

View next topic
View previous topic