iPhone Forum

General Discussion - Import Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCHD to FCP X ProRes 422

lydia622520 - Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 am
Post subject: Import Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCHD to FCP X ProRes 422

The AG-HMC150 handheld is Panasonic's exciting new introduction to the AVCCAM series. Representing a major step forward in affordable HD video capture, the HMC150 utilizes highly efficient AVCHD recording, the industry's new long GOP standard based on MPEG-4, to provide stunning image quality and longer record time.

After googling, I found many users met some troubles when they tried to ingest the 1080i AVCHD from HMC150 to FCP for further editing. A question froma user: I just got a new Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCCAM camera that shoots AVCHD onto a SD card. I shot some video with it set to record at 1080/60i. When I open my FCP X on Mac, the footages cannot be recognized. I searched the method and tried the Log and Transfer, but still failed. Any help?

Why does the FCP surpport the native Panasonic AVCHD recordings? In fact AVCHD is not the friendly format for FCP. Though, you may found the Log & Transfer can do the AVCHD to Apple ProRes422 LT conversion work for you; most users are not pleased with the ProRes LT codec, which means loss of quality, let alone sometimes it cannot successfully ingest the AVCHD .mts videos. Well, get this AVCHD to FCP Converter, which is the best solution key for you.

This AVCHD MTS Converter is a professional video convert tool for Mac users to transcode AVCHD to ProRes 422 for FCP so that you can do editing with least quality loss. Another thing you should pay attention to is that Panasonic AG-HMC150 shoots 1080/60i videos, you need to deinterlace them in case they will look horrible some computers. This program can help you to solve the problem indeed.

Tutorial on converting Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCHD to FCP X

Step 1. Connect your Panasonic AG-HMC150 to your Apple with USB2.0. Launch the MTS Converter for Mac, then click the adding button to import your AVCHD 1080i MTS/M2TS files.

Step 2. Click the Format bar to get the drop-down menu and you can get the Apple ProRes codecs, including ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT), ProRes 422 (Proxy) and ProRes 4444. Choose the proper one you want.

Step 3. Press the “Settings” icon and you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing Panasonic AG-HMC150 footages in FCP X with best quality.

Step 4. Before start the conversion, please make sure you’ve check off the Deinterlacing box following Edit > Effect as below screen shot shows. Then hit the Convert button in the main interface to start the HMC150 AVCHD to FCP X ProRes 422 conversion on Mac OS X.

After converting and deinterlacing the Panasonic AG-HMC150 AVCHD files, you can import Panasonic AG-HMC150 footages to FCP X for editing without any trouble.

Related guides:

Transcode Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie on Mac

Convert Panasonic AG-AC130/AG-AC160 AVCHD to MOV for iMovie

Convert Panasonic AG-HMC40 MTS to AIC for Final Cut Express on Mac

Mac AVCHD Converter Works with Panasonic AG-AC160 and Final Cut Pro 7

Convert Panasonic AG-AF100 AVCHD 1080p Files to ProRes for FCP on Mac

Convert Panasonic HMC150 AVCHD files to Final Cut Pro X ProRes 422 editing
ivy00135 - Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 am
Post subject:
酒店S
酒店上班
酒店店家小姐