iPhone Forum

General Discussion - Canon Vixia HF S200/S20/S21 footages to FCP importing

jacknjchn - Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:40 am
Post subject: Canon Vixia HF S200/S20/S21 footages to FCP importing

Canon Vixia HF S200/S20/S21 are the three typical ones in Canon's HF S series of AVCHD camcorders, which can help users shoot 1080/60i footages in popular AVCHD format. The popular AVCHD is a high compressed format, so it is not easily editable for some editors, like Final Cut Pro. All users are satisfied with the video quality, but they are eager to get Canon AVCHD to FCP for smoothly editing as well as the below user.

Shot footage on Canon Vixia HF S20 looks great in camera, but when I attempt to import to FCP, the program reject the footages I searched the solution to try the Log and Transfer. No luck. I've never used this camera before and my boss needs me to impress our new school superintendent...help!

Are you planning to edit Vixia HF recordings with FCP? How to get the highly compressed AVCHD format video work with FCP? Most users have tried a variety of methods, but still cannot find a solid answer. Here we recommend the professional Mac Canon AVCHD Converter, which is designed for Mac users to encode incompatible Canon AVCHD videos to FCP favorable Apple ProRes format keeping the original quality loss.

First, start the recommended Mac MTS Video Converter to load your AVCHD (.mts/m2ts) files to it.

Then, go to the Final Cut Pro profile list via clicking the Format bar and you are advised to choose “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”or “Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov)” format.

Next, you’d better adjust the video and audio parameters by clicking the Settings buttion on the main interface. The screen shot listed below is our recommendation on the settings for you.

Finally, press the Convert button and the Mac AVCHD to ProRes Converter will start converting Canon AVCHD to ProRes for FCP on Mac OS X immediately.

After the conversion, run the Final Cut Pro and click File --> Import --> Files to import the converted MTS files and edit them in Final Cut Pro without any importing or editing issues.

Note: For your original 1080/60i footages, you need to deinterlace 1080/60i AVCHD footages to remove all these interlacing artifacts from videos via ticking the “Deinterlacing” box in the Video Editor interface. Refer to the below screen shot.

Related guides:

Make Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD files work with FCP on Mac

Import AVCHD video from Canon Vixia HF S10 to iMovie'11

Get Canon Vixia HF S10/HF S100 AVCHD to work with FCE 4

Import Canon Vixia HF S10 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro on Mac

Importing Canon Vixia HF R20 AVCHD into Premiere Pro CS5.5 on Mac
wts30286 - Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:20 am
Post subject:
酒店經紀
酒店小姐
少爺
高雄便服店