iPhone Forum

AT&T Carrier - Olympus E-M5 to FCP- Load Olympus E-M5 MOV/AVI to Final Cut

vivian78 - Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 pm
Post subject: Olympus E-M5 to FCP- Load Olympus E-M5 MOV/AVI to Final Cut
How to convert Olympus E-M5 1080P MOV/AVI to FCP compatible ProRes 422 on Mac Mountain Lion

Summary: In this article, I will share the easy way to import Olympus E-M5 MOV and AVI 1080P video to Final Cut Pro and edit with Apple ProRes codec.

I spent quite a bit of time this week shooting the new Olympus E-M5 camera. The Olympus E-M5 shoots in full 1920x1080 HD video in H.264 MOV format. This is a welcome improvement over the very annoying AVCHD format which has a folder structure. The video looks great from the Olympus E-M5, comparable to other SLR video. Even at high ISO, the noise is very low. Executing a custom white balance is still a difficult task, but improved over previous Olympus cameras.

I also shot with video lights in auto white balance, and the images looked great as well. Being that I had some files where the color was just slightly off, I was able to do color correction in Final Cut Pro X. But before I import Olympus E-M5 H.264 MOV video to FCP, I transcode it to apple prores codec using Pavtube HD Video converter for Mac, it’s so excellent converter that make HD video to prores transcoding easy, so I want to share the easy steps here, you can follow it to convert Olympus E-M5 MOV/AVI to Apple ProRes codec for FCP.

Steps: Transcode Olympus E-M5 1080P MOV/AVI to FCP X best supported video format- Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format.

1.Download Pavtube E-M5 to FCP Converter for Mac. This professional HD Video Converter can help you convert E-M5 MOV/AVI files to ProRes 422 MOV format for Final Cut Pro, more output formats are also supported.

2.Install and launch this E-M5 MOV/AVI Converter. Import Olympus E-M5 footage to the converter.

3.Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).

4.You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.

5.Click convert button to start.

PS:

1. With this Olympus E-M5 to ProRes 422 Converter, you can easily change E-M5 files to FCP X for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your E-M5 MOV/AVI footages to FCP in less time. You can find more tips and tricks on FCP in Pavtube FCP column.

2. If you want to edit E-M5 in FCE/iMovie, just following Olymus E-M5 MOV/AVI to AIC guide and have a try.

Related guides:

Import Olympus E-PL1 AVI to FCP

Edit Olympus E-PL2 AVI recordings in Final Cut Pro

FAQ: Import Olympus E-PM1 to FCP

Load Olympus E-PL1 AVI to iMovie/FCE

Get Olympus E-PL1 AVI footage to Avid Media Composer on Mac

Import Olympus E-PL3 AVCHD to Adobe Premiere Pro

Work smoothly with Olympus E-PL3 AVCHD files in Pinnacle Studio
ivy00135 - Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:58 am
Post subject:
制服酒店
酒店上班