iPhone Forum

General Discussion - Transcode Sony MC50E AVCHD file for FCP Pro

jacknjchn - Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:46 am
Post subject: Transcode Sony MC50E AVCHD file for FCP Pro

Hi, I try to log and transfer clips from Sony HXR-Mc50e, that shoots AVCHD and the output files are MTS, when I try log and transfer on FCP, I get an error message about wrong file structure. What am I missing? Is there any easy way for importing and editing the MTS files with FCP?

I founnd the above question in a forum. The user want to import Sony HXR-MC50E AVCHD clips to FCP for editing, but he met some troubles and he did not know why. Do you know what caused the importing and editing problem of AVCHD in Final Cut Pro? Actually, it’s caused by the incompatibility of AVCHD and FCP. Some users have tried to apply the Log & Transfer to transcode the AVCHD, but you need to keep the original structure of your files and sometimes, it just stopped working and you can not find the reason and solution.

Here we’d like to offer you the fast and easy solution to get rid of the trouble. We know that FCP actually can not edit raw AVCHD files, so transcode them to its own supported codec ProRes with no loss of quality with third- party software is a better choice that no longer need the Log and Transfer.

1. Free download and install the AVCHD to FCP Converter on your Mac OS X. It is a professional AVCHD Converter for converting or encoding AVCHD to ProRes at fast speed. Plus, you can merge and deinterlace Sony HXR-MC50E 1080/50i MTS/M2TS files for FCP. The most important is that, the converted video quality is pefect for copying to FCP.

2. Connect Sony HXR-MC50E to iMac or Macbook Pro, and then copy AVCHD files from MC50E to Mac HDD for later conversion. Then launch the best MTS Converter. Click the "Add" button to import AVCHD files from Apple computer hard drive disk.

3. Click the "Format" option, and move your pointer to Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) as output format.
PS:
a. Some other Apple ProRes profiles also list there, you can choose the proper one you need indeed.
b. To make an easier editing in FCP, you’d better set the video frame rate as 25fps for FCP via clicking the Settings icon.

4. Click the convert button, the Mac MTS to ProRes converter will start encoding AVCHD to ProRes for Final Cut Pro(FCP 7/FCP X).

After the conversion, get the converted MTS files from the output folder. Afterwards, you can get Sony HXR-MC50 AVCHD into FCP for editing freely.

Tip:
2012 London Olympic Games is being held. Have you recorded some live exciting games with your full HD AVCHD camcorder? If so, this professional MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac can fully support you to convert 2012 Olympics Games AVCHD mts recording to any editable format for FCP, FCE, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere... as you need.

Related guides:
Transcode Sony HXR NX70 AVCHD to AIC for FCE 4

Convert Sony HDR-CX130 MTS to FCP 7 on Mac

Easy solution to editing Sony HDR-XR260V AVCHD in iMovie

Import Sony HDR-CX350V AVCHD to iMovie '11 on Mac

Import Sony DSC-RX100 MTS to Final Cut Pro 7 on Mac

Transfer Sony DSC-TX20 1080/60i AVCHD to FCP X

ivy00135 - Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm
Post subject:
鴨肉珍
大溝頂阿囉哈滷味
阿英排骨飯