iPhone Forum

General Discussion - Easy to Import Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD to FCE on Mac

lydia622520 - Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 pm
Post subject: Easy to Import Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD to FCE on Mac
The Panasonic AG-HMC40 is a camcorder designed to record in high definition on standard Secure Digital (SD) and SDHC memory cards. In between the larger HMC 150 and the TM 700, the HMC 40 is a mid-range camera. Good image quality, fair low-light, good built in microphone. No XLR inputs without an optional unit. Are you Panasonic AG-HMC40 MTS users?Have you met some troubles while you trying to edit Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD in FCE on Mac without any glitches?

I am a Panasonic AG-HMC40 user, I got the Panasonic Ag HMC 40 AVCHD camcorder. I would like to run Final cut Express to do some edit work with its AVHCD videos. But trouble occurs when I import the AVCHD to it, the videos are with glitches. And I spent effort to transfer AVCHD to my iMac, got final MTS files. This time, the Final cut Express cannot recognize the video at all! Can anybody help me in this matter?

This issue is from a Panasonic AG-HMC40 user. In fact, the old version Final Cut Express can only edit in two codecs DV and AIC (Apple Intermediate Codec). The recent version FCE 4 only allows for transcoding AVCHD to Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) provided that the camera is actually attached to the computer - it cannot convert AVCHD files stored elsewhere and is currently for Intel processors only. So, if you wanna to edit Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD on Final Cut Express on Mac, you’d better convert AG-HMC40 AVCHD to AIC for Final Cut Express first.

Below, I would like to share the steps about how to transcode HMC40 MTS to AIC on Mac OS X Lion for FCE editing .
First, please download and install the Brorsoft AVCHD to AIC Converter on your iMac. This Mac AVCHD converter enables you to convert Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD more friendly format AIC .mov for Fianl Cut Express with the preset profile that makes the conversion task easier.

STEP 1: Run the AVCHD to Final Cut Express Converter and load the MTS files to it.
Tip: If you wanna join MTS/M2TS files for Final Cut Express, please tick the "Merge into one" box.

STEP 2: Click on Format > iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov), which is the FCE favorable video format/codec. Then you can set the output folder as you want or just keep the default one.

STEP 3: Click the “Settings” icon and you’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 for editing AVCHD in Final Cut Express with best quality.

STEP 4: Click the “Convert” button; it will convert Panasonic AG-HMC40 MTS to AIC for Final Cut Express on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.

When the conversion process shows in 100%, tap the Completed button and then get the output AIC .mov video for FCE. Now, it’s time to import Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD to FCE for further editing without any trouble.

Related Articles:
Transcode Panasonic AG-AC160 AVCHD to Final Cut Pro 7
Convert Panasonic AG-AF100 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP
Convert Sony HDR-CX115 MTS to Final Cut Express 4 on Mac
Transcode Panasonic AG-HMC40 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP on Mac
dangni - Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:29 pm
Post subject:
oakley sunglasses outlet can be found in a wide selection of polarized sunglasses options to include aviator styles, snow boarding and ski goggles, large and small framed designs and a variety of different frame styles. Polarized cheap oakley sunglasses are excellent for water and winter sports where the water and snow can increase the reflected glare. Polarized sunglasses provide glare-free vision by absorbing ninety eight percent of the reflective glare. You can find polarized sun glasses in a variety of lens shades from black, blue, brown, silver, pink, green and red to name a few.
ivy00135 - Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 am
Post subject:
鴨肉珍
大溝頂阿囉哈滷味
阿英排骨飯
高雄北港蔡米糕
郭家肉粽
高雄酒店經紀
吳寶春麵包店
老莊豆漿店
逐鹿炭火燒肉打狗店
大牛牛肉麵